Sunday, October 7, 2012

How to Use Your Domain Name with Gmail like user@yourdomainname.com

As I was setting up e-mail id's for the newly developed website DreamingKnights.com, I wanted to use a means to use my own customized email address, instead of using a free name. But at the same time, I also didn't want to pay for this service, and was searching for a free alternative here and there on Internet. Another important thing I wanted to have was easy to use E-mail just like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail and similar service providers do. Now, its time to share this little knowledge with everyone who might be struggling just like me to search for a free email service provider for their official email address using their own domain name, like: user@dreamingknights.com.

Finally, I found Google Apps, and it was just exactly what I wanted to have my official email address. In this, you get to use 10GB of inbox space, with 10 personalized email accounts, annd 5GB drive storage, all for free! Other services like Calendar, Docs, etc. are also there to help you and your employees to stay productive.



To get started, just visit this link and follow the steps on the website, or as always, I'm here to answer your queries.





You need to verify that you own the domain name for which you want to have your email id. For this, you will need to upload a file which Google will provide you inside your hosting space, for verification purposes.

Going further to next steps where you have to setup your MX Records on your hosting account, change the e-mail MX Records and make sure there is no forwarding in place for your emails.

After you're done, just go on to next steps as they are mostly pretty easy, and you're done! :)

Again, if you face any kind of issues, feel free to post your comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?